Choose the Right Fire Extinguisher
SERVPRO of Pasadena/Gibson Island/Lake Shore sees a lot of fires. Many fires start in the kitchen and might be easily extinguished if the property owner had a fire extinguisher. We’ve come up with the following list so you can select the best fire extinguisher for your property:
- Class A: This is the most common extinguisher and can be used to put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as cloth, wood, rubber, paper, and many plastics.
- Class B: Used on fires involving flammable liquids, such as grease, gasoline, and oil.
- Class C: Designed for fires involving appliances, tools, or other equipment electronically energized or plugged in.
- Class D: For use on flammable metals; often specific for the type of metal in question. These are typically found in factories.
- Class K: Intended for use on fires that involve vegetable oils, animal oils, or fats in cooking appliances. Generally found in commercial kitchens.
Did you know cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires? As the holiday season begins and you find yourself in the kitchen more often while hosting friends and family, fire precautions should be top of mind. Plan this season to help ensure it is safe and fire-free.